Defective products are one of the major reasons for countless accidents every year. From defective vehicle parts to dangerous medical equipment, all types of products can be defective. And all faulty products have the potential to result in severe and fatal injuries.
If you or your loved ones have sustained any injury resulting from the use of defective products, contact Bannon Law Firm. Our attorneys are well experienced in Portland product liability laws and can assist you in securing the compensation you deserve.
What Is Product Liability?
Product liability refers to the responsibility of all parties involved in the supply chain to ensure that they distribute safe goods and products.
According to the Oregon State laws, manufacturers, distributors, or sellers of a product are responsible for damages if a person sustains an injury or suffers property damage as a result of the following:
- Faulty designs, Lack of inspection and testing, poor manufacturing, or any other defect in products.
- Lack of warning concerning potential defects of a product.
- Failure to properly give instructions on how to use a product.
This means that if a person uses a defective product that subsequently leads to an injury, that individual is entitled to compensation. The individual will be able to access compensation from the guilty party by pursuing a product liability claim associated with personal injury.
The Basis Of Product Liability Claims
There are several bases on which an individual can file a product liability claim. These include negligence, misrepresentation, breach of warranty, and strict liability.
- Negligence refers to the actions that the manufacturer failed to carry out that resulted in the production of defective products which caused harm to users.
- Misrepresentation has to do with when the manufacturer provides inaccurate or misleading information regarding a product, subsequently leading to injuries for users.
- Breach of contract refers to the false assurance a manufacturer gives the users of their goods or products regarding the safety of such a product. This false assurance can cause users to sustain injuries that they never expected.
- Strict liability involves placing attention on the product rather than the manufacturer. This means that the manufacturer can still be responsible for a defective product even if they took every precaution to ensure such a product’s safety.
Types Of Product Liability Cases
There are different product liability cases as a result of defects in some major types of products. These products include:
- Auto parts: This is a common type of product liability case. Auto parts defects can involve any part of the vehicle, from brakes and airbags to even the car’s engine. The malfunction of these parts can result in grave injuries for a driver and passengers.
- Medical devices: Defective medical devices such as hip replacement, prosthetic limbs can cause severe injuries for users.
Lawn equipment: Equipment such as lawnmowers, tractors, string trimmers often harm users if they have any defect or are not correctly labeled.
- Toys: Defective children’s toys resulting in injury is another common product liability case.
- Tools for renovation: Defective renovation tools can lead to seriously hurt users if not properly labeled. These tools include saws, power drills, e.t.c.
- Medication: Most times, unlabeled side effects of medication are a significant cause of product liability cases.
Compensation For Product Liability Claims
Injuries that happen due to using defective products can incur a high cost. Also, these injuries can result in a life-altering experience that an individual might not recover from.
Whatever the case may be, with the right Portland liability product attorney, a person can access the appropriate compensation. This will assist in cushioning the effect of the injury sustained. As a client, you could be eligible for many different types of compensation involving product liability claims. Some include medical expenses, compensation for disability, pain and suffering, rehabilitation, and lost wages.
Contact A Portland Product Liability Lawyer
Suffering a severe injury as a result of a defective product can be a life-changing experience. It can place so much financial, emotional and physical burden on you. However, the right amount of compensation can go a long way in reducing these burdens.
At Bannon Law Firm, we are highly skilled in handling product liability claims. Our expertise has placed us in the best position to work with you in getting the compensation you are entitled to. If you sustained an injury as a result of a defective product, do not hesitate to reach out to us.