Not only is medical malpractice an issue in the city of Portland, but it is also a problem in the whole of the US. Recent studies have shown that medical malpractice is the third-leading cause of death in the US coming after heart disease and cancer.
Healthcare providers are not above making mistakes. Although, when these mistakes are a result of negligence, then such healthcare providers are responsible for medical malpractice. Unfortunately, rather than admit their fault, some caregivers choose to ignore the harm they have caused instead. Also, many healthcare businesses have large assessment departments that always come to their rescue. These departments defend their staff and also help their insurance company avoid compensating victims.
If you or your loved one has suffered an injury due to medical malpractice, our experienced attorneys can help you obtain justice. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to get started.
Common Medical Mistakes
Among the several kinds of mistakes healthcare professionals make, here are some of the most common ones:
- Surgical errors: Surgery is an intricate undertaking that involves some risks which a meticulous and skilled surgeon should overcome. In a case where the surgery was unsuccessful as a result of the injury sustained, it may be that the surgeon was negligent.
- Emergency room errors: In the emergency room, medical practitioners will have to be fast and careful in determining the health condition of an individual and what to do to save the individual’s life. Several things can go wrong during this period, and it can be a result of some medical mistakes.
- Birth injuries: It is the joy of parents to have healthy babies upon delivery. When negligent health workers cause harm to the baby, the parents can pursue compensation.
- Delayed diagnosis: If a person goes for constant medical check-ups and the healthcare professionals were not able to detect a life-threatening illness on time, then those health workers could be at fault. That individual can file a compensation claim.
- Pharmaceutical errors: This error occurs when a medical provider prescribes the wrong dosage or an incorrect medication worsening the situation of an individual.
- Hospital-acquired illnesses: Hospitals have to ensure that their premises are safe for visitors and patients. There are some guidelines that hospitals are to follow in ensuring this. Failure to keep their environment safe can be a sign of negligence. Any person affected as a result of unsafe conditions in a hospital can pursue a compensation claim.
- Nursing malpractice: An error on the path of a nurse can result in grave health conditions for patients.
- Pediatric Malpractice: When a pediatrician makes a mistake, it can result in the death of a child.
- Radiology error: Inappropriate use of diagnostic equipment can be tragic for the patient. This diagnostic equipment makes it easy to detect some deadly diseases on time before they become life-threatening.
- Home Care health provider error: Many people make use of home care health providers. A mistake on their part can put their patient in harm’s way.
Determining Medical Malpractice
Doctors and other medical practitioners spend a long time in school learning the proper means to care for patients. Most of the training is the same for medical practitioners all over, and they form part of the ethics for the medical profession.
When a medical professional does not follow the ethics of their profession as a result of being negligent, they become responsible for medical malpractice.
In determining the malpractice of a medical professional, it is important to employ the assistance of an experienced attorney. This attorney will be able to deduce if the error rose to the point of medical negligence resulting in malpractice.
Contact A Portland Medical Negligence Lawyer
Proving the negligence of a medical practitioner can be quite difficult. However, this is a feat that a skilled negligence lawyer can achieve. The medical negligence lawyer will be able to consult with several health practitioners during investigations to establish negligence.
This enables the lawyer to reconcile both health sciences and law in helping you get the compensation you are entitled to. At Bannon Law Firm, we have all it takes to help you seek compensation for the negative effect of negligent health workers on your health. Contact us today and let us assist you every step of the way.